* Required Fields
PearsonITCertification.com is operated from 800 East 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46240, and is operated by Pearson Education, Inc. ("Company"). We can be reached by email at email@example.com.
We will not sell, share, or rent Personally Identifying Information to others in ways
different from what is disclosed in this statement. PearsonITCertification.com collects information from our users at several different points on our web site. Pearson Education recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Identifying Information about you as a user of our web site.
We consider the following to be Personal Identifying Information: your email address, name, password, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. This web site does not collect Personal Identifying Information about a user other than information that is voluntarily provided to our Company; in this way, we can serve the user's needs as well as our own legitimate business purposes. (For example, we retain the Personal Identifying Information that a user provides when he or she chooses to register with PearsonITCertification.com).
Our company uses a user's Personal Identifying Information in order to help us improve our web site, or for our company's marketing and promotional purposes if you have opted to receive these kinds of communications. This information will be treated confidentially within our company. While our policy is not to share this information with third parties, we do share aggregate information with other companies within Pearson Education, Inc.
We make every effort to preserve user privacy, however we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
We would like to remind our users that any Personally Identifiable Information that is voluntarily posted to a public area of this web site (for example, that which is posted to our discussion board) might be collected and used by others, and that there is nothing our Company can do in order to prevent this.
In order to use certain areas of this site, a user must first complete the
registration form to create an account. During registration, a user is required to give his or her email address, which can be used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. The user may provide demographic information, such as your job, technical interests, etc., but is not required to do so to create an account.
We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name, phone number and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. Credit card information may be stored on the user's account if the user opts to allow us to retain such information for future orders.
Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information, except to prevent fraud or abuse of the system.
We will share anonymous demographic information and/or webpage browsing patterns and history with our partners and advertisers who work with us to provide products and services or to help us market our products and services to you. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. As specified in the Cookies section above, users can turn off all or certain cookies in their browser settings if they so desire.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
From time-to-time we partner with outside service providers and other vendors that provide enhanced functionality on our website that may be of interest to you. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. For example, we may contact customers who have not checked out to follow up on abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with their use of the site. These parties are not allowed to use Personally Identifiable Information except for the purpose of providing these services. Like newsletters and promotional or special offers that we may send to you, you may opt out of receiving these abandoned cart reminders at any time by simply unsubscribing from this service. Simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your abandoned cart reminder, and you will be able to manage and/or remove your account information.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
If you have elected to receive email newsletters or promotional mailings and special offers but want to unsubscribe, simply visit www.pearsonitcertification.com/u.aspx, enter your email address in the field supplied, and click the Submit button. On the resulting page, check the box of the particular item(s) you would no longer like to receive, and click the Unsubscribe button.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account information. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regard to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone in accordance with the users' wishes when a user submits their information through our Contact Us form.
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as ZIP code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information
submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about the security at our web site, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as your postal address or email address), we provide a way to correct or update that user's personal data provided to us. This can be done on the Account page. If a user no longer desires our service and desires to delete his or her account, please contact us at email@example.com and we will process the deletion of a user's account.
Users can always make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with certain services offered by Pearson IT Certification. If you choose to remove yourself from our mailing list(s) simply visit the following page and uncheck any communication you no longer want to receive: www.pearsonitcertification.com/u.aspx. If you choose to remove
yourself from the abandoned cart email, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any abandoned cart reminder email.
Effective Date: August 2013
Unless otherwise indicated, this Web site and its content are the property of Pearson Education, operating as Pearson IT Certification. Pearson IT Certification is part of the Pearson Education family (collectively "Pearson Education") and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or assigns. The site and its contents are protected without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. By accessing this Web site, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you have no right or license to access this Web site and you should not do so.
1. You are authorized to download one copy of the material on this Web site on one computer for your personal, non-commercial use only. In doing so, you may not remove or in any way alter any trademark, copyright, or other proprietary notice. Except as allowed in the preceding paragraph, you may not modify, copy, distribute, republish, commercially exploit, or upload any of the material on this Web site without prior, written consent from Pearson Education. No intellectual property or other rights in and to this Web site -- other than the limited right to use set forth above -- are transferred to you.
2. PEARSON EDUCATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, WHICH ARE PROVIDED FOR USE "AS IS." PEARSON EDUCATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEB SITE AND ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. PEARSON EDUCATION ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE -- OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED -- IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions, and other material on this Web site or any Web site with which it is linked. Price information is subject to change without notice.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, Pearson Education and its employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors shall in no event be liable for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising -- including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character -- even if Pearson Education has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web Site or any Web Site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus-checking as you consider necessary.
4. To the extent that portions of this Web Site (such as "chat rooms" or "bulletin boards") provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Postings"), BE ADVISED THAT PEARSON EDUCATION HAS NO OBLIGATION TO SCREEN, EDIT, OR REVIEW POSTINGS PRIOR TO THEIR APPEARANCE ON THIS WEB SITE, and Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of Pearson Education. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, Pearson Education shall in no event have any responsibility or liability for the Postings or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Site.
5. Pearson Education reserves the right to monitor all Postings and to remove any which it considers in its absolute discretion to be offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
6. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings you provide and all material they contain; that your Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties; that your Postings shall not contain any viruses or other contaminating or destructive devices or features; that your Postings shall not contain any defamatory, indecent, offensive, tortious, or otherwise unlawful material or content; and that your Postings shall not be used to carry out or solicit any unlawful activity and/or be used to make commercial solicitations.
7. You hereby authorize Pearson Education to use and/or authorize others to use all or part of your Postings in any manner, format, or medium that Pearson Education or such other parties see fit. You shall have no claim or other recourse against Pearson Education for infringement of any proprietary right in Postings.
8. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Pearson Education harmless from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, and liabilities of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including, but not limited to, any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim, any loss of profit, goodwill, and any other direct or consequential loss), incurred or suffered by Pearson Education -- directly or indirectly -- by reason of any act or omission which you commit in breach of these terms and conditions, and the obligations and warranties contained therein.
If you have any copyright concerns about any materials posted on this site
(“Pearson Site”) by others, please let us know. We comply with the
provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service
providers (17 U.S.C. Â§ 512). Please provide us with written notice (“Notice”)
by contacting our Designated Agent at the following address:
Pearson Education, Inc.
200 Old Tappan Road
Old Tappan, NJ 07675
To be effective, the Notice must include the following:
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
3. Blog Community Rules. We have adopted the "Blog Community Rules" set forth below to create a forum where information and views can be shared in a productive way. While using the Blog, you agree to adhere to the Blog Community Rules below.
You agree to:
You agree not to:
4. Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Blog will remain the property of Pearson IT Certification and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by Pearson IT Certification and Pearson Education (including books, chapters from books, articles, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles and content produced by Pearson IT Certification and Pearson Education are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by Pearson IT Certification and Pearson Education.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Blog (collectively the "Marks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Pearson Education, and its licensors and suppliers and certain third parties. All Marks on the Blog not owned by Pearson Education are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by Pearson Education, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Pearson IT Certification's or Pearson Education's.
5. Information Available on or Through the Blog. Some information made available on or through the Blog is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Bloggers (such information, "Third-Party Content"). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Blog does not indicate any approval or endorsement by Pearson IT Certification. Pearson IT Certification is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
6. Links. The Blog provides links to other websites and resources. Because Pearson IT Certification has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Pearson IT Certification does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Pearson IT Certification is providing these links to you only as a convenience. Pearson IT Certification has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to the Blog at any time.
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information
on the Blog, this information may become public. Pearson IT Certification does not control the
acts of other visitors to the Blog, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal
personal information on the Blog. If you believe a Blogger is improperly collecting
or using information about you or other users, please contact us at editors@Pearson IT Certification.com.
9. Jurisdictional Issues. The Blog is controlled and operated by Pearson IT Certification and
is not intended to subject Pearson IT Certification to the laws or jurisdiction of any other
state, country or territory.
10. Termination. You agree that Pearson IT Certification, in its sole discretion, may terminate
your use of the Blog or any part thereof, at any time and for any reason, including
if Pearson IT Certification believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the
to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Blog.
10. Disclaimer. The Blog may include inadvertent inaccuracies or errors, or
Rules). Additionally, the possibility exists that a third party could make unauthorized
alterations to the Blog. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the
Blog, we make no guarantees as to its completeness or correctness. In the event
that a situation arises in which the Blog's completeness or correctness is in
question, please contact us with, if possible, a description of the material
to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the
Blog, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you.
with the laws of the state of New York, United States of America, without regard
to its conflict of law principles. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction
of any court located in the jurisdiction of the state of New York, County of
New York, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient
forum objections to such courts, in any matter arising out of or related to
to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will
and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Pearson IT Certification may assign its rights
referred to herein, is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject
matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or
oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter.
Already have an account with us?
© 2017 Pearson Education, Pearson IT Certification. All rights reserved.
800 East 96th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46240